Barry is an experienced leader with a passion for challenging inertia in people and systems. His desire to see people exceed their perceived potential and to co-create high performing teams enabled him to transform performance in a portfolio career spanning 30 years in a complex and dynamic multi-channel retail environment
Barry has a particular interest in the role of leaders to create the conditions that unlock the potential of their team and enable long term success. He believes in the importance of putting culture and people ahead of process by exploring purpose, role modeling, and the leader’s responsibility to develop talent across all levels in an organisation. Highly pragmatic and guided by integrity, working in relationship with Barry is defined by honesty, personal responsibility and a deep commitment to learning and change.
People who work with Barry as their Coach notice three things about him. Firstly, his commitment to them as an individual; secondly expect to be challenged; and thirdly his belief that talent is within everyone but sometimes just needs nurturing to grow. He gives his clients a safe, supportive, encouraging space to explore what is important to them and their organisations. An operational leader at heart Barry is a goal-oriented Coach and will be supportively challenging to enable a client to reach their potential.
- Barry worked for over 30 years in the John Lewis Partnership, the UK’s largest employee owned organisation, and gained extensive senior executive experience working with Board level executives.
- Extensive experience of building and developing leadership teams. Increasing the capability and impact of leaders in the organisation by supporting their growth, challenging their thinking and delivering results.
- His operational capability and leadership flexibility have delivered results across operational, contact centre and complex retail environments. Recognised for his reputation to lead senior leaders and strategic initiatives at scale with a compelling track record for leading transformational change.
- A flexible skillset that has successfully navigated complex stakeholder relationships and corporate governance structures to influence senior executives.
- Association for Coaching Accredited Diploma in Coach Training (ADCT)
- ILM Level 7 Diploma in Executive Coaching + Mentoring
- Strategic Leadership
- Delivering results through teams
- Leading transformational change
- Increasing the capability and impact of leaders
- Building and developing leadership teams
- Navigating complex stakeholder relationships
Download Coaching ProfileBarry has an ability to stretch the mind and open it to new possibilities, probing and challenging to get the best outcomes for individuals and teams.